Sunday, April 8, 2012

Easter blessings

There are no Easter egg hunts going on today here, but I'm sure my niece and nephew are having a wonderful time. I hope today you are enjoying your blessings from above.

I'm thinking of my house, my friends, my family, and God's grace and love today. I'm watching Frozen Planet and and am just amazed at the beauty of this earth. I'm nowhere near Antarctica, but we've got our share of beautiful creatures and plants here in Texas. Check out this great cactus near the new lot. Do you know what type of cactus it is? I love the red in it and I've never noticed any like this in the past.
Red & green cactus
Not much is going on with the house, since I last posted. It's day 13 and there is a lot of flat dirt. Unfortunately, all of that extra dirt has made the lot seem pretty steep. I spoke with the construction manager, because I really don't want a bunch of steps going in to the house. However, it turns out the lot is more sloped than I had imagined. He is going to do what he can but is limited by the lay of the land.

The only other update is that there is a big trench all the way around the perimeter of the dirt. This is within the wood forms. I think the plumbers and electricians come next and put in some pipes and wires. We'll see, though.
Left side trench
Here are a couple of pictures of the trenches. My parents warned me to watch for trash in these holes. It turns out that the workers may not always want to walk over to the trash receptacles in order to throw away their refuse. So, they just throw their water bottles into these trenches. It's extra insulation, right? LOL I'll be going over each night to clean out the trenches, I suppose.
Front trench


4 comments:

  1. I love the cacti! Gorgeous colors!

    ReplyDelete
  2. On why the cactus might be turning red:

    http://forums.gardenweb.com/forums/load/cacti/msg0901251129352.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cool! Thanks for the information! Unfortunately, since it isn't on my property, I won't be caring for it. However, I sure do think it's pretty.

      Delete